This site is dedicated to the teachings of Venerable Ayya Khema (1923-1997), a Theravada Buddhist nun ordained in Sri Lanka . Her teachings (which were prolific) describe simple and effective meditation methods for development of calm and insight, for expanding feelings of loving-kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity towards others, and for overcoming obstacles to practice. She also gives detailed and lucid instructions for the meditative absorptions (jhanas) which provide access to higher states of consciousness, the way the Buddha himself practiced.
Listen to dharma talks offered by Rodney Smith and guest teachers at the Seattle Insight Meditation Society.
- Dhamma talks by selected teachers (Achan Chah, Ajahn Amaro, Ajahn Jumnien, Ajahn Liem and others);
- Dhamma talks by popular North American Buddhist teachers, including Sharon Salzberg, Jack Kornfield, Joseph Goldstein;
- Retreat talks from many monasteries and meditation centers.
- - English Dhamma talks by well known teachers such as Bhikkhu Bodhi and Ven. Narada Thera, Bhante Punnaji and Bhante Yogavacara Rahula;
- - Sutta chants in Pali, the original language of the Buddha;
- - Sinhala Dhamma talks by well known teachers such as Madihe Pannasiha Thera, Narada Thera, Gangodawila Soma Thera and others.
English-language interview of Buddhadasa Bhikkhu made by Christopher Titmus. German & English talks by Tissa Weeraratna, Ven. U. Dhammajiva and other Venerables.