Article by T. W. Rhys Davids on the early Buddhist schools.
A bibliography of the Sri Lankan form of Theravada, from the Journal of Buddhist Ethics.
A scholastic article by Rhys Davids, published in The Buddhist Review 1:1 1909. It examines various acpects of Buddhism with the dispassionate eye of Science, and compares that with Christianity and other ancient beliefs.
This Map of India gives some perspective to the life of the Buddha and the monks as they wandered throughout the Ganges valley, or even further afield, to spread the teaching about the path to nibb?na.
* To study and describe the history of the Buddhist literature of South-East Asia;
* To collect information about and to prepare catalogues of manuscripts, inscriptions, ancient documents, and mural paintings related to Buddhism;
* To edit and publish texts in Pali or vernaculars that have not yet been published;
* To translate texts from Pali or vernaculars into English, Thai, and other languages;
* To coordinate and exchange information regionally and internationally.