The words of the Buddha and their timeless teaching of truth and compassion bring a reminder of what is meaningful, and bring clarity and insight in the midst of our daily lives. Pariyatti.com is pleased to offer a daily e-mail service, delivering an inspiring and uplifting quote of the Buddha to your inbox.
- Commentary on the Anguttura Nikaya
- Commentary on the Samyutta Nikaya
- Commentary on the Sutta Nipata
- Commentary on the Udana
- Commentary on the Buddhavamsa
- FAQs on Buddhism
- A Commentary on the "Flood" Sutra
- Quotes from Buddhist Teachers
- Sayadaw U Janaka's Meditation Guidelines
This book has been compiled by a group of people who had practised samatha meditation for some years, and approached abhidhamma as a means to a deeper understanding of both meditation practice and everyday experience. The basis of their study was the Abhidhammattha-sangaha, the book traditionally used in many Buddhist countries.
This page documents the establishment of the bhikkhu sangha in new lands outside the Theravada Buddhist countries of South East Asia.
Many freely downloadable books on Theravada Buddhism by teachers such as Sujin Boriharnwanaket and Nina van Gorkom.